I know it has been a while and there has been a lot of uncertainty. I am so happy to announce that we will be able to continue the Orchestra Academy for the Fall 2020 semester!
The Henderson Community Church has kindly agreed to let us use their facilities to hold rehearsals on Monday mornings. The church is located at 12001 Oakland St in Henderson — roughly at 120th and Peoria. We will keep the same schedule as in previous years:
- Beginning Orchestra: 9:00 am – 10:00 am
- Intermediate Orchestra: 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Advanced Orchestra: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
The church has the space to accommodate us and plenty of chairs, but not music stands. Students will be required to bring their own folding music stand to use at rehearsals. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
We will start rehearsals on Monday, September 21st and will have rehearsals on the following days:
- September 21st and 28th
- October 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th
- November 2nd, 9th, 16th, and 30th
- December 7th and 14th
In order to comply with COVID-related regulations, I will implement the following precautions:
- All students will be required to wear a face mask.
- Students will be spaced 4 to 6 feet away from each other.
- Students will bring their own instrument, stand, and pencil. No equipment will be shared.
- All students will use hand sanitizer on their way in and on their way out.
- Mrs. Badal will use hand sanitizer before touching anyone’s instrument.
- Our concert will likely be recorded in our rehearsal space and emailed to parents to avoid congregating large groups of people. Details about this will be forthcoming.
Because of spacing requirements, I will have a limited number of spots in each orchestra. Register today to reserve your spot!